Espresso Bean, Raisin and Nut Clusters
By: Marie - Brandon, FL - Recipe Contest 2015
"Coffee and chocolate compliment each other so well. I love to have special treats for guests and something they can take home with them. This recipe is fast and easy and people love the espresso bean surprise. Not your ordinary chocolate nut cluster!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 5 lb. Bag Whole Bean
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup of Door Country Coffee Espresso Wholebeans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup of mixed salted nuts
- 3 ounces white chocolate chips
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine semi sweet chocolate chips and shortening, microwave in 1 minute increments until melted, stir well.
- Add the Espresso beans, raisins and mixed salted nuts to the bowl and stir well to coat.
- On parchment paper, drop tablespoon size clusters. Let dry completely.
- In a zippered sandwich baggie, melt white chocolate in microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until melted.
- Snip an end corner of the bag with a scissor and drizzle the clusters.
Enjoy! Makes a great gift too!