By: Marge - Sturgeon Bay, WI - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Found this recipe years ago and made it my own, Door County Coffee Espresso makes it even better!!!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso Coffee
- 1 Cup Butter softened
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp Elite Espresso
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2C AP flour
- 1/3 C dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, sugars, espresso and salt until light and fluffy; gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough to 1/4 -in. thickness.
- Cut with Pasta/Pastry cutter or cookie cutters. Place on parchment covered baking sheets.
- Bake 22-24 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Drizzle over cookies, let set. Store between waxed paper sheets in an airtight container.