Highlander Grogg Brownies
By: Joanne - Orland Park, IL - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Moist and fudgy! Love it with my Highlander Grogg coffee! Well, any Door County coffee flavor would work as it the best in the world!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Highlander Grogg Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 TBSP.(Cooled Brewed coffee)Door County Coffee Highlander Grogg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans or nuts of your choice
- Melt butter with the cocoa or chocolate together in a heavy saucepan over medium low, whisking constantly till blended.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla and cooled coffee . Stir in flour, salt and walnuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a well buttered 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely and cut into squares. These brownies are very fudgy and may be somewhat difficult to slice cleanly; use a sharp knife and a spatula to help them loosen from the baking dish. Sometimes I use a spoon and make it my personal indulgence for the day!