Outback Style Lamb Chili
By: Roxanne C. - California - 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- 8 ounces peeled sweet potato, cut into small dice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp minced ginger root
- 1 tsp green curry paste
- 2 C. freshly brewed Door County Espresso
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 green onions, minced
- garnish- plain yogurt and snipped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a 2 quart pot over medium high heat.
- Add the lamb and next 5 ingredients.
- Cook, stirring breaking up the lamb into crumbles until the meat is not longer pink, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Espresso, tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook 10 minutes or till the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the onions.
- Garnish each serving with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkling of cilantro.