Vanilla Coffee Lassi Bowl with Coffee Almond Milk Caramel Strawberries
By: Hidemi W. - Centreville, VA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1/2 cup Strong brewed Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoons Strong brewed Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee (divided)
- 1/2 cup Quick oats
- 1/2 cup Vanilla flavored yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 3-4 Medium-large fresh strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 1 tablespoon Packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tablespoon Salted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon Sliced almonds
Vanilla Coffee Lassi Bowl:
- Put yogurt, 1/2 cup of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee and sugar into a blender. Blend until smooth
- Transfer the mixture into a serving bowl and stir in oats until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Coffee Almond Milk Caramel Strawberries:
- Cut strawberries into small pieces
- In a small saucepan, put brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee and turn on the heat to medium.
- When it starts to bubble, add 1 tablespoon of coffee, almond milk and butter to the saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring constantly until slightly thickened (about 4 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and put the strawberries into the saucepan. Toss to coat. Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate until served
- To serve, remove the bowl from the refrigerator. Put strawberries over the oatmeal, pour the caramel sauce remaining in the saucepan and put sliced almonds over the top.