Glazed Chocolate Chip Mocha Bread
By: Cindy - Menominee, MI - Recipe Contest 2015
"What's better with coffee than chocolate and more coffee! This bread is so delicious, yet quick and easy to make. I'm always coming up with new recipes and this one was a hit at my house."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Colombian Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg-slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup brewed & cooled Door County Coffee
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon brewed & cooled Door County Coffee Mocha Java coffee
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Heat oven to 350°
- Grease and flour a regular size bread pan.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on low, cream together shortening and sugars.
- Slowly beat in egg, buttermilk and coffee.
- Stir in dry ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Make glaze by whisking all ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread over bread.
- Allow glaze to set before slicing and serving.