Raspberry Mocha Truffle Ice Cream
By: Breanna - Dallas, GA - 2016 Recipe Contest
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 TB sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 TB very finely ground Chocolate Raspberry Truffle coffee
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 2 TB water
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB sugar
*Requires a two quart ice cream maker*
- In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, brown sugar, coffee, and sea salt.
- Add whole milk and use hand mixer on low speed until well mixed and sugar is dissolved, stir in heavy cream, pour into ice cream maker and churn for 25-35 minutes until thickened.
- Pour cooled raspberry sauce* in during last five minutes of churning. Transfer to freezer safe container and freeze two to three hours until set.
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and simmer over medium high heat using wooden spoon to mash berries until thick and saucy 5-10 minutes, push sauce through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.