By: Linda - Englewood, FL - 2nd Place Winner
“When creating dishes, I like to hold on to my heritage roots. One of my favorite desserts is Tiramisu and we all know how well versatile chicken can be. That is why this recipe was so much fun to play with. Now, it was time to get those taste buds rolling. 'Hey, let’s combine the sweet and creamy taste of Italian Tiramisu with a comfort aromatic blend', I thought. Well, it worked. My family loved it.”
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was also tested in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Private Reserve Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 stalks scallions, chopped (reserve 1/4 C. for garnish)
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 C. Door County Private Reserve coffee (strong brewed)
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 6 basil leaves chopped
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, warm
- Favorite prepared rice
- In large skillet, on medium heat, add oil. When oil is hot, add seasoned chicken and brown on both sides.
- Remove thighs from pan, put in a baking dish and reserve for later.
- In same skillet add garlic, mushrooms and scallions. Sautee until tender.
- Add coffee, brown sugar and chopped basil, stir. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add mascarpone cheese to skillet and stir quickly to blend.
- Pour sauce over thighs in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with favorite prepared rice.