TiramiSue Me, This Sundae So Good
By: Claudette - Laurel, MD - 2016 Recipe Contest
"TiramiSue Me, This Sundae So Good! The ultimate Jersey Girl treat! Growing up in North NJ with an Italian Grandma, I have had my fare share of Tiramisu. But never seen anyone make ice cream! This sundae is like eating a real tiramisu but with a a little something special added! The Nutella Espresso Sauce is by far the best thing I have ever made. Just luckily I have a Toddy brewing system and always have Door County Coffee in the house. You will gain 5 pounds just looking at this photo! But hey don't TiramiSue Me, This Sundae So Good TiramiSue Me!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
Toddy Brewed Espresso:
- 1 Door County Coffee Espresso 10 oz. Bag,
- 7 cups water, with your Toddy Brewer
Tiramisu Coffee Ice Cream:
- 6 Egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Cocoa
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Door Toddy Brewed Espresso
- 1 3/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Espresso liqueur
- 16 Lady fingers
Nutella Espresso Sauce:
- 1/2 Toddy Brewed Espresso
- 1/2 cup Nutella or Hazelnut Spread
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 2 Teaspoons simple syrup
To assemble the Sundae four components must be made and put together.
- Grind the espresso whole beans to the coarsest level.
- In the Toddy dampen the filter and insert into the bottom of container.
- Add 1 cup water to the bottom and 5 ounces. Slowly pour 3 more cups of water over grounds.
- Wait 6 minutes before repeating. Brew 12 .
- Then filter the coffee by removing the stopper and emptying in the glass decanter.
- Chill ice cream maker bowl over night.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes, whisk constantly.
- Sabayon will cool off for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Fold Mascarpone into whipped yolks, beat until combined.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip cream until there are stiff peaks.
- Combined liqueur, espresso, and sabayon mixture and cream. Place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Cut 15 lady fingers in 3 sections.
- Pour Ice Cream mixture in machine.
- Turn machine on and after 10 minutes pour cookies in. Continue for 20 more minutes.
- Spread Ice Cream in air tight Tupperware, smooth with spatula and dust with cocoa powder.
- Freeze 4 hours or overnight.
Nutella Espresso Sauce:
- In a small saucepan whisk together 1/2 cup Toddy brewed Espresso and salt, over medium heat, until dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in Nutella until blended.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place in squirt bottle. Set in refrigerator to cool for 20 minutes,
- In a chilled mixing bowl mix ingredients together.
Now once all ingredients are complete. Plate first with 2 Scoops Ice cream, then apply whip cream via pastry bag and finally, drizzle sauce on sundae.
Garnish with one lady finger.