Amaretto Almond Cookie Cupcakes
By: Kisha - Upper Marlboro, MD - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Amaretto is one of my favorite flavors. Its great in cupcakes."
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Amaretto Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 Box Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Door County Coffee Amaretto Coffee, brewed
- 3/4 ButterMilk
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Box Chocolate pudding
- 1 lb Powdered sugar
- 1 block shortening
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Amaretto Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Chocolate Chip almond cookies
- Brew the Amaretto Coffee. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix cake mix, coffee, buttermilk, and oil. Mix well.
- Add eggs, sugar, pudding. Mix. Prepare cupcake pan with liners. Bake on 350'F for 15-18mins. Cool.
- In a mixer or mixing bowl, beat shortening and butter. Add sugar a little at a time incorporating it. Add cocoa and mix. Add coffee and vanilla for buttercream.
- Add buttercream on top of cupcakes and place a cookie on top.