Amaretto Brownies with Cherry Sauce
By: Linda Bonwill - World Class Cooking
Chocolate, Coffee, Cherries, and Amaretto! Why keep it a secret?
Do you want a quick and easy recipe without all the hassle?
Yes, pop these brownies in the microwave for just a few minutes, and you will have piping warm brownies served in no time.
They are super moist and chocolatey. The chocolate morsels add a level of smoothness and creaminess, which melts in your mouth.
The amaretto-flavored coffee gives this recipe that unexpected WOW!
For a perfect marriage, top your dessert with warm cherry preserves and vanilla ice cream.
Featured Product: Amaretto 10 oz ground coffee
- 1/4 cup amaretto coffee, hot, brewed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar, white
- 2 eggs, beatent
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I use gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate morsels
- Vanilla ice cream
- 6 TBSP cherry preserves, warm
- Whipped cream
- Almond slivers
- Grease 6 (8oz) ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the coffee, butter, and sugar until creamy. Add the beaten eggs and whisk again.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Fold in the morsels. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and form into a ball. Scoop approx. 1/4 cup of batter into the center of each greased ramekin.
- Place the ramekins into a microwave. Cook on high for approx. 5 mins. Test with a toothpick to make sure they are done.
- Warm the preserves in the microwave in a safe bowl for 1-2 mins.