Amaretto Coffee Roasted Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Apricot-Cherry Glaze
By: Victoria - Palmyra, PA - 2016 Recipe Contest
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Amaretto Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2-1lb. Pork Tenderloins
- 2 cloves fresh garlic(minced)
- 3 Tbsp. toasted sliced Almonds(garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
Amaretto Coffee Dry Rub
- 2 Tbsp. Doors County Amaretto Coffee Beans(fresh ground)
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sliced almonds(ground in processor) (divided)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Doors County Amaretto Coffee Beans (fresh ground)
- 1 cup water(for brewing coffee)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (diced) (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1/2 cup tart cherries(canned or cooked and fresh, pitted) (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
Lemon-Basil Fava Beans
- 1 19 oz. can Fava Beans (or dried, following package directions)
- 1 clove fresh garlic (large) (minced)
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Basil (divided) (sliced thin)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh Lemon juice
- Lemon zest (garnish)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Toast 1/4 cup sliced almonds on a baking pan at 350* for approximately 4-6 minutes or until light brown, processing 1 Tbsp. of the toasted almonds.
- Pat dry the tenderloins with paper towels. Leave a thin layer of fat intact. Rub garlic on loins. Mix dry rub ingredients and blend well. Rub in coffee rub on the entire loins. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, cook diced apricots in 1 cup of water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until softened. Reserve 1/2 cup juice, discard remainder. Set cherries a side.
- Reserve1/2 cup cherry juice, discard remainder. Set cherries aside.
- Brew 1 cup coffee using 1 cup water and 1 Tbsp. freshly ground coffee. Will make about 1/2 cup brewed coffee.
- In the same sauce pan, add fruit juices, chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and sugar. Cook in medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Remove pork from refrigerator and let sit out for about 20 minutes. In a cast iron skillet, sear loins on all sides about 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat until browned. Place in shallow pain with 1/2 cup water. Roast pork at 350* for approximately 40-45 minutes, until temperature reaches 155* or desired doneness. Add more water if needed.
- Remove from oven, placing loins on tray, let rest and tent. Meanwhile, put pan on both burners, add all liquids and heat to high heat to deglaze pan. When juices come to a boil, add the cornstarch mixed with water to thicken.
- Add fruit and turn heat off. Cut pork into 1/2 inch slices. Add 1 oz. glaze per serving. Serves 6-8. Garnish with toasted almonds. Salt and pepper to taste.
Suggestion to pair with Pork Medallions:
My Italian grandfather made this side dish for many years and I tweaked it just a bit. Lemon-Basil Fava Beans. Fava meaning broad bean in Italian.
- Drain canned beans or fresh. Using a medium sauce pan, add beans.
- Slice basil thin. Add 1 Tbsp. basil to beans. Add lemon juice, oil and butter. Heat and stir until well blended.
- Garnish with lemon zest and remaining basil.
Makes about 9 2oz. servings