Black Bean Brownies
By: Diane - Rochester, MN - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This recipe is special for two reasons. My husband raises black beans in his garden and we both love coffee. So this recipe uses both! Also, I have just completed a diet and I've been cooking and baking with healthier ingredients to maintain the healthier version of me! The black beans are healthier to use instead of white flour."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Irish Cream Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 14 oz. black beans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon almond or skim milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Door County Coffee Irish Cream coffee
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 9 pan.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Add 1/2 c. of the chocolate chips and pulse until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over batter, bake 30-35 minutes, cool completely before cutting.