Black Bean Coffee Burgers
By: Nancy - Las Vegas, NV - Recipe Contest 2015
"Moist and delicious! It's fun to use coffee in recipes that I love to cook."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee Full-Pot Bag
- 1 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 16 ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup cold brewed Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend coffee
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon, cut in pieces
- 1 medium size onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brewed Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In medium size skillet, cook the bacon pieces until crisp, set aside on paper towel.
- Drain off bacon grease except for 2 tablespoons, reserve 1 tablespoon.
- On medium heat, add onion slices and fresh mushrooms to 1 tablespoon bacon grease, saute until tender.
- Drain off any liquid, add brewed Breakfast Blend coffee, salt & pepper.
- Saute additional 2-3 minutes.
- Drain again, set aside covered to keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, onion, bell pepper, parsley, black beans, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, salt, cayenne pepper, cold Breakfast Blend coffee and panko crumbs.
- Mix well until combined.
- Equally divide the meat into 4 patties.
- In a large skillet, add reserved bacon grease and heat to medium temperature.
- Add the meat patties and cook 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Place patties on toasted hamburger buns topping each patty with warm onion mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle crisp bacon pieces over tops.