Bourbon & Coffee Macerated Grilled Peaches with Coffee Sabayon
By: Deborah R. - Montvale, NJ - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Bourbon Vanilla Cream 10 oz. Ground
- 1 pot of fresh brewed Door County Bourbon Vanilla Cream Coffee, split
- 6 Peaches, halved
- 2 cups Bourbon
- 1 lb fresh blackberries
- 1 lb raspberries
- 12 sprigs of mint
- 12 eggs yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and 2 cups of cold Bourbon Coffee to double boiler.
- Whisk until firm and has more than doubled in size and refrigerate.
- Place halved peaches in a container. Add the bourbon, 1 cup Door County Bourbon Coffee, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Cover and let stand, (longer the better)
- When you are ready to grill the peaches, place on grill cut side down, spin counter clockwise a quarter turn after 5 min, creating beautiful grill marks. Then remove and set aside.
- Spoon a good size portion of the sabayon over the peaches, add fresh berries and a sprig of mint, serve peaches warm.