Caramel Macchiato Parfaits
By: Sally - Sturgeon Bay, WI - 3rd Place Winner
“The trend seems to be serving individual desserts. Sometimes....even using small canning jars, parfait glasses, martini or wine glasses to make them match the occasion! This recipe is easy, and can be done ahead of time, but has an elegant finish! Enjoy!”
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was also tested in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Black and Tan Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 C. cold milk
- 1 Pkg. (3.4oz.) Jello Butterscotch Instant Pudding
- 1 8oz. tub Cool Whip (divided)
- 1/2 C. Black & Tan Door County Coffee brewed extra strong
- 1/4 C carmel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 loaves frozen pound cake-cut in small cubes
- 1 1/2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, grated
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl until creamy.
- Slowly mix in the milk, add dry pudding and beat 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, mix brewed Black & Tan Door County Coffee and caramel topping until well blended.
- Place 1/2 of pound cake cubes into the bottom of one large trifle bowl or divide ½ of the cubes evenly into 10 smaller individual parfait dishes.
- Drizzle with I/2 of coffee mixture.
- Layer with half of the cool whip.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of grated chocolate.
- Repeat Layers.
- Refrigerate 4 - 8 hours.
- Right before serving: top with remaining Cool Whip and remaining grated chocolate.