Caramel Pecan Coffee Bread Pudding
By: RaChelle H. - North Logan, UT - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"An old fashioned favorite unites with our Caramel Pecan Scone flavored coffee to create for a rich, sweet and delightful bread pudding you will make over & over again!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Caramel Pecan Scone Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup brewed Door County Caramel Pecan Scone Coffee
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf cubed brioche bread
- ½ cup chopped glazed pecans
- ½ cup chopped dried dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped glazed pecans
- ½ cup caramel sauce
1. Grease 9x13 baking pan
2. In a large bowl lightly beat the eggs. Add heavy cream, coffee, brown sugar, and salt. Whisk until combined.
3. Fold in the cubed bread, pecans, and dates., Transfer to pan and sprinkle the top with cinnamon. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Place the butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and salt in a small bowl. Mix with a pastry blender or a fork until combined and crumbs have formed. Mix in the pecans.
6. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the bread pudding.
7. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until set. Cool slightly before serving. And drizzle with caramel sauce.