Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Packed with everything but the kitchen sink and then topped with a rich cream cheese frosting, it is no wonder these have been a top-seller in the Door County Coffee Café for years!
- 5 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups oil
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups shredded raw carrots
- 16 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine first four ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Fill greased or lined jumbo muffin tins 3/4 full and bake at 325 for 40 minutes. If making regular size cupcakes, bake for 20 minutes.
- Decorate with a cream cheese frosting of your choice and add more pecans on top if you choose.