Cherry Creme Crusted New York Steak
By: Angela - La Quinta, CA - 2016 Recipe Contest
"A decadent surprise to a worthy cut of beef that pairs very well with the spicy fruit flavor accomplished only by adding Cherry Creme Coffee grounds, delicious!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Cherry Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1/3 Cup Ground Cherry Creme Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 (2-inch thick), Boneless New York Strip Steaks
- In a small bowl combine: Cherry Creme Coffee, Salt, Black Pepper, Sugar, Garlic, Paprika, and Chili Powder
- Press dry-rub firmly onto steaks, and let rest for 40 minutes
- After steaks have rested, preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Heat a large saute pan on medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, tilt pan to cover the bottom of the pan before placing 2 steaks at a time onto the pan.
- Cook each side for approx. 2-3 minutes, or until seared color is to your liking, before flipping steaks over for another 2-3 minutes
- Place seared steaks on a baking pan unless your saute pan can accommodate all 4 steaks, and cook to desired doneness; approx. 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees), remove and let rest for 7-9 minutes, follow the direction of the grain (muscle fibers), and slice across it for the most tender slices of beef