Chewy Irish Coffee Blondies
By: Gerry - Milwaukee, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
"I made these bars and entered them in the Wisconsin State Fair this past year and received a Blue Ribbon in the Java Bars Category. Great taste and enjoyed by many."
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 sticks butter, melted. Plus more for greasing pan
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoon ground Door County Coffee Elite Espresso coffee
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon melted butter, warm
2 tablespoon Irish Whiskey
3/4 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter 9x13 inch pan and line with parchment paper so it overhangs the sides, then butter parchment.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Melt butter and pour into a bowl with brown sugar, ground coffee and salt, stir to combine.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract, stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 23-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Whisk together melted butter and Whiskey.
- Gradually add confectioner sugar until glaze is thick enough to drizzle, using a fork drizzle glaze over cooled bars, allow glaze to set.
- Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars