Chia Coffee Raisin Muffins
By: Nancy - Las Vegas, NV - Recipe Contest 2015
"I like using Chia seeds as it adds extra protein to the muffins, the orange flavor brings out the coffee flavor. Serving muffins warm is best."
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 3 teaspoon orange rind zest
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup brewed Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend, cold
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 10 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together both flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, orange zest, chia seeds.
- In separate bowl, beat together the egg, egg whites.
- Stir in orange extract, oil, and brewed Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend, cold.
- Stir mixture into flour mixture, until just blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- Divide batter evenly in muffin cups.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert muffins to cool on rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar. (optional)