Chili con Coffee
By: Amy - Manchester, CT - 2016 Recipe Contest
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: French Roast Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 pounds "meat loaf mix" of ground beef, ground veal and ground pork
- 2 onions diced
- 2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5-6 tablespoons chili powder
- 3-4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 2 chipotle peppers, chopped
- hot sauce, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces coffee brewed using Door County Coffee French Roast, ground
- Brown the ground meat in a large pot, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- Add the diced onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Turn down heat and simmer for one hour.
- Serve with chips or cornbread along with shredded cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream, cilantro, or any other of your favorite chili accoutrements.