Chocolate Caramel Apple Coffee Bars
By: Nancy - Las Vegas, NV - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Such a yummy Caramel Apple brewed coffee to use as a flavor for complementing my dessert bars, can't wait to use the coffee on a sweet potato or chicken dish."
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Caramel Apple Coffee 8 oz. Ground
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup soft butter, plus 2 Tablespoons set aside
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Apple Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold brewed Caramel Apple coffee, plus 2 tablespoons set aside
- 1 12 ounce package mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup minced walnuts
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease and lightly flour a 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter and eggs until foamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and apple pie spice. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, beat for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla extract, cold brewed coffee, mini chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, bake for 20-25 minutes, (do not over bake), cool on wire rack while making the frosting.
- In a small bowl ,beat powdered sugar, reserved 2 tablespoons soft butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract until blended. Add 1-2 tablespoons reserved brewed coffee, one at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost cooled bars then drizzle caramel ice cream topping over the frosting.
- Cut into 16 squares