Chocolate Coffee Flourless Flat Cakes
By: Linda Bonwill - Englewood, FL
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured Ingredients: Elite Espresso Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
Chocolate Flat Cake Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 strong brewed Door County Elite Espresso
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 TBS
- 6 egg whites
- 4 egg yolk
Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 2 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup triple strong brewed Door County Espresso
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, optional
Chocolate Syrup Ingredients:
- 8 oz dark chocolate (I used candy melts)
- 2 TBS strong brewed coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla 1/8 cup heavy cream, slightly warm
Chocolate Flat Cake Directions:
1. Add cocoa powder, coffee, vanilla, butter and sugar in medium size bowl.
2. Separate eggs, discarding remaining two yolks. Place yolks in bowl with mixture.
3. Beat whites on high, with electric mixer until stiff peaks form (approx. 3-5 mins)
4. With same beaters mix chocolate batter.
5. Fold whites into chocolate batter with spatula, a 1/3 at a time.
6. Pour approximately 1/4 - 1/3 cup of batter into 8 to 10 greased mini cast iron skillets (about 4" round). Or batter can be poured into a greased baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cut into serving size squares.
7. Bake mini skillets at 8-10 mins at preheated oven of 350 degrees. (Baking sheet at approx. 15 mins.)
Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream Directions:
1. Whip cream till stiff peaks form (electric mixer).
2. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Freeze for several hours or overnight. Note: For a more creamier ice cream omit liquid coffee and use 2 TBS espresso powder (found in specialty shops)
Chocolate Syrup Directions:
1. Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl for 1 min. Stir well.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well
Finished Individual Desserts: Stack three cakes or cake slices on top of one another, add a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with syrup.