Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
By: Linda Bonwill
A delicious homemade truffle with just three ingredients. Easy for you and enjoyable for all, that is what we call a win, win!
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured Product: Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee
- 2 lbs dark melting chocolate (such as Ghiradelli) (divided)
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee, brewed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place 1 lb of the chocolate into a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave the chocolate for 1 minute. Remove and stir well. Return chocolate to microwave and heat in 15-second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is completely melted. (Do not overheat or you might risk burning the chocolate)
2. Add hot coffee and vanilla to the melted chocolate. Stir well until smooth and silky. Cover and let it rest to cool completely.
3. Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, scoop the desired amount of filling you choose for the size of your truffle. (I used approx. 1 - 1 1/2 tsp) (keep in mind these will also be dipped in additional chocolate, which will increase the size of your truffle). Roll into a ball, quickly. Repeat this process with each truffle.
4. Melt the remaining 1 lbs of chocolate as per instructions in #1. Drop a truffle into the melted chocolate, rolling to cover completely. Remove with a fork or candy tool tapping on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Drop onto wax paper and let sit until hardened. You can also tap the top of the truffle with the tines of a fork to create a pretty design. Repeat the process until all the truffle filling is rolled.
1. While rolling, the truffles do not handle them too long, or they will start to melt and be messy. Roll for a few seconds and move on to roll another truffle. Come back to re-roll if you need to.
2. Truffles can also be drizzled with a different color.