Cinnamon Roll Bread
By: Linda Bonwill - World Class Cooking
Deliciously Moist And Tasty!
This cinnamon roll bread is undoubtedly a crowd pleaser and very easy to serve. It goes great with a cup of coffee as a quick snack or dessert. If time allows, pop a slice into the toaster oven and serve it with butter.
Wisconsin Harvest Blend coffee is the perfect flavored coffee to use in this recipe. It is a medium roast coffee celebrating the fall season with hints of roasted chestnuts and toasted pralines.
Featured Product: Wisconsin Harvest Blend 8 oz ground coffee
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar or honey
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water, warm
- 2 eggs, large, beaten (room temp)
- 1/4 cup half and half, or other milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee (room temp) (I use Wisconsin Harvest Blend
- 3 cups All Purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Sugar/Cinnamon Filling Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 TBS cinnamon)
- 8 ozs cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup brewed Wisconsin Harvest Blend coffe
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Add yeast, 1/3 cup sugar, vinegar, and 3/4 cups water to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Stir with a rubber spatula. Let it sit for 5 mins. Scrape down the sides to make sure all the yeast and sugar dissolve.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl; stir in the milk, butter, and coffee.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Attach the flat beater to the Stand Mixer. Turn on the mixer to a low setting (#1). Pour in the liquid and blend for approx. 15 mins. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the liquid. Turn speed up to #2 setting and mix for approx. 1 min.
- With the rubber spatula, scrape the dough out of the bowl onto a clean board or workspace. (I use a silicon mat). Spread the dough out with your fingertips to approx. 12 x 9. Sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon on top of the dough, covering all areas. Roll up the dough from the narrow end to the opposite side, enclosing the sugar/cinnamon inside; carefully place the roll into a greased 9-inch long baking bread pan. Cover and place in a warm place to rise 2 hrs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for approx. 25 -30 mins. Let cool
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and coffee into a small mixing bowl. Drizzle the icing over the top of the loaf. Sprinkle with nuts.