Coffee Glazed Pecan Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
By: Tiffany A. - Quitman, AR - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"I combined my love of coconut, pecans, and oatmeal cookies for the cookie base then added fresh blueberry chia jam and a maple & coffee glaze. It was only fitting to include Door County Coffee's Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream flavor to take these bars over the top by including it in both the cookie base and the glaze."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 ½ cups blueberry preserves
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
For Cookie Base:
- 2 teaspoons Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee, ground into powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee, ground into powder
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, heat blueberry preserves over medium/low heat, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds. Allow the chia seeds to “bloom,” stirring occasionally while you prepare the cookie base.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 12-inch square cake pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, coffee powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg into wet ingredients. Stir until well incorporated. Stir in salt.
- Add oats and coconut, stirring until well blended. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into prepared cake pan, pressing firmly and evenly.
- Spread blueberry preserves over crust. Stir chopped pecans into reserved crust mixture then sprinkle on top of jam.
- Bake in prepared oven for 30 minutes or until top is just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let cool while you prepare the glaze.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and syrup for 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Whisk in maple extract, sugar, coffee powder and cinnamon until mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cookies. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Cut cooled cookies into 12 bars.