Coffee Rubbed Bacon & Sausage Wrapped Pork Loin, Raisin Plum Sauce
By: Yoshiharu S. - Sonoma, CA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 tablespoon Door County Espresso fine grind
- 16 oz Pork loin, boneless
- 6 oz Bacon, thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon Allspice, ground
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom, ground
- ½ teaspoon Cumin, ground
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup Mushroom, chopped
- ½ cup Broccoli rave, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 4 small thyme twigs for garnish
- 8 oz Ground pork
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Paprika powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Cajun spice
- ⅛ teaspoon Herb Province
Raisin Plum Sauce:
- 2 oz Raisin
- 2 oz Dried plum
- 1 cup Red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cherry Jam (Topping):
- 2 tablespoons Dried cherry
- 1 teaspoon White corn syrup
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Red wine
1. Prepare medium size mixing bowl, combine ground pork, salt, paprika, Cajun spice and herb province then knead to mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and save in refrigerator 30 minutes.
2. Prepare another small size bowl, mix cocoa powder, coffee, all spice cinnamon, cardamom and cumin. Rub on all surface of pork loin then wrap with plastic film. Save in refrigerator 30 minutes.
3. Take pork loin and sausage from refrigerator, remove plastic wrap then spread sausage around pork loin even thickness.
4. Wrap with bacon then wrap with plastic film tight, save in refrigerator 5-10minutes to stick well.
5. Prepare small saucepan, place raisin, dried plum and red wine then cook on medium low heat until soft. Transfer to blender to make smooth puree then put back into pan. Season salt and pepper, adjust thickness with warm water.
6. In another small saucepan, combine dried cherry, corn syrup, red wine and water then cook on medium low heat until very soft and almost no water. Mash with masher or whisk, save warm spot.
7. Preheat oven 375˚F. Take pork out from refrigerator and place on oven tray or baking pan, cook until 145˚F core or your preferred temperature. Rotate and baste pork every 5 minutes during cooking.
8. Remove from oven and rest 5-10 minutes.
9. Prepare medium size fry pan or skillet. Melt butter on medium heat then sauté mushroom. Remove mushroom from pan then sauté broccoli rave.
10. Slice pork loin then place on serving plate with sauce, mushroom and broccoli rave. Top cherry jam and thyme to serve.