Coffee Sauce Topped Coffee Rub Pork Cutlet Sandwich
By: Yoshiharu S. - Sonoma, CA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Espresso 5 lb. Bag Whole Bean
Pork Cutlet Sandwich:
- 4 each 4 ounces sliced pork loin boneless
- 4 each Sesame buns
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 2 whole Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Panko or bread crumb
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 each of Butter lettuce leaf
- 8 slices Tomato
- 1 tablespoon Door County Espresso Fine Grind
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon Allspice, ground
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom, ground
- ½ teaspoon Cumin, ground
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Door County Espresso Fine Grind
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon Allspice, ground
- ⅛ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Pound pork with meat tenderizer or pounder to make half inch thickness. Place sliced Cheddar cheese on half side then fold and cover cheese with meat. Press little to attach.
2. Combine cocoa, coffee, allspice, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon and salt in mixing bowl then rub spice mix both side of pork.
3. Prepare flour, beaten eggs and panko in deep tray or plate separately. Toss pork loin in flour then egg wash and bread with panko. Save in refrigerator after breaded.
4. Prepare another mixing bowl. Combine Mayonnaise, coffee, allspice, cinnamon, cocoa and Worcestershire sauce with whisk.
5. Prepare deep fry oil 350˚F then cook pork golden brown. Toast buns also.
6. Build lettuce, tomato, pork cutlet on bun, drizzle coffee sauce on it then set top bun. Set on plate to serve.