Creamy Bourbon Coffee Prawns
By: Josee L. - New Port Richey, FL - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Combining Door County Coffee with a decadent seafood dish absolutely compliments each other and is incredibly delicious."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Sunrise Roast Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- ¼ cup brewed Sunrise in Door County coffee cooled
- 10 jumbo prawns peeled & deveined
- ½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices French baguette
- 2 teaspoons salted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped fine
- Season the prawns with old bay seasoning in a non-stick pan on medium high heat add oil when oil is hot. Add prawns cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until prawns have turned pink
- While shrimp is cooking in a small sauce pan on medium heat, add the Sunrise in Door County coffee, heavy cream, bourbon, ketchup, and salt & pepper. Then whisk until sauce starts to boil.
- Remove from heat, then add 2 tablespoons of butter and whisk again until butter is well incorporated and sauce has come together
- Spread remaining butter over sliced baguette, then place in toaster oven and toast until golden brown
- In 2 shallow bowls, pour equal amounts of sauce and place 5 prawns in each bowl on top of sauce as well as 4 slices of toasted baguette sprinkle each with Italian parsley