Door County Coffee Pumpkin Torte
- 2 3/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 - 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 small can pumpkin
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine crushed graham crackers, sugar and melted butter.
- Pat in 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix eggs, cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Pour over graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 20 min. at 350 degrees.
- Cook pumpkin, egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and salt over low heat until creamy. Remove from heat and add 1 envelope plain gelatin that has been totally dissolved in cold water. Cool well.
- Beat 3 egg whites with 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour over cream cheese layer and cool.
- Top with Cool Whip.