Door County Coffee Rubbed "Wake Me Up Steak and Egg Sandwich"
By: Kate - New Orleans, LA - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This is a great recipe for lazy Sunday mornings, or using up that amazing Door County Coffee rubbed grilled steak from Saturday night dinner! I have made it many times and it's always a hit."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
For Coffee steak Rub:
- 1/4 cup Door Coffee County Elite Espresso, fine grind
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp smoked or sweet paprika (each will lend a different flavor)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 12 oz Ribeye or strip steak
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, cooked to your liking
- 2 Ciabatta rolls, toasted
- Provolone cheese, sliced
Makes 2 sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
For Coffee steak rub:
- Add all ingredients to a container, cover and shake to combine
- Coat Rib-eye or strip steak with olive oil and steak rub on all sides
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat
- Sear steak on one side for 2-3 minutes until a nice crust forms then flip and sear on other side for 2 minutes
- Finish in oven at 425 degrees for 6-10 minutes, depending on desired doneness
- Let rest 5-10 minutes and then slice thinly
For the Garlic Mayo:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stir to combine, adjusting ingredients to taste
While steak is resting:
- Toast ciabatta rolls in toaster oven until lightly toasted
- Arrange provolone cheese on bottom of rolls
- Top with thinly sliced steak
- Add eggs on top of steak, spread garlic mayo on the top roll and place on top of sandwich.
Enjoy with a cup of Door County Coffee!