Door County Hazelnut Creme Crescents
By: Pam C. - Brockport, PA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Infused with Door County Hazelnut Creme coffee, these pillowy soft crescents pair with any Door County coffee....morning, noon, or night!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Hazelnut Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup strong Door County Hazelnut Crème Coffee (115° F)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- ⅓ cup salad oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3½ to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons strong Door County Hazelnut Crème Coffee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong Door County Hazelnut Crème Coffee
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped hazelnuts
1. In a large bowl, whisk together warm (not hot) coffee, yeast, oil, sugar, egg, and salt. Then stir in 3 cups of flour to make a soft dough.
2. Turn dough onto a floured surface, adding more flour as needed, and knead until smooth, elastic, and no longer sticky.
3. Invert the bowl over the dough and let rest 1 hour.
4. In a small bowl, stir brown sugar and 2 teaspoon of coffee together
5. Roll dough into a large circle, approximately 20” diameter
6. Spread the filling on the dough leaving a 1 inch margin around the edges
7. Using a pastry wheel, cut the dough into 12 equal wedges
8. Starting at the wide end, roll each wedge into a crescent shape, and curl ends slightly
9. Place rolls with point under on a greased baking sheet and cover
10. Let rise for 30 minutes
11. Then bake in preheated 400° F oven for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned and transfer buns onto cooling racks
12. Cool 10 minutes
13. Drizzle glaze on top and garnish with finely chopped hazelnuts