Door County Old-Fashioned Cocktail
By: Linda Bonwill - World Class Cooking
Get In-Fashioned with this "Old Fashioned"
Stop back in time and savor the classic elegance of an Old Fashioned cocktail. With its origins dating back to the early 19th century, the Old Fashioned has stood the test of time and remains an iconic choice for cocktail enthusiasts.
With the first sip, you'll be transported to a bygone era of refined sophistication and palate. The initial warmth of the whiskey caresses your tongue, followed by the subtle sweetness that dances alongside hints of spices and aromatic botanicals. The splash of coffee reveals an additional layer of subtle hints of chocolate, inviting you to appreciate this iconic cocktail, which will live on forever!
Featured Product: Brownie Batter Canned Cold Brew
- 2 oz premium bourbon (I used Old Grand-Dad) 114 proof
- 1 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur
- 1/2 oz sweet vermouth
- 5 dashes orange bitters
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 oz Brownie Batter Cold Brew, chilled
- 1 tsp chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Maraschino cherries
- Orange slices
- Chocolate-Covered Espresso Beans
- Chill all ingredients (except the cold brew and espresso beans) with ice, then strain into a glass filled with clean ice.
- Pour a shot of the brownie batter cold brew coffee into the center of the drink.
- Drop espresso beans on top.
- Garnish with cherries and orange slices