Double Stuffed Caramel Apple Pork Chops
By: Linda Bonwill - World Class Cooking
Embrace the heartwarming flavors of Autumn with these amazing pork chops.
Each chop is brimming with an overload of stuffing and punctuated with tart cherries.
The stuffing is infused with Caramel Apple coffee, which really packs a punch. They are baked in the oven to achieve a golden crunch with every bite. The signature gravy is infused with the same unique notes of the Caramel Apple coffee and the addition of apple cider, creating a velvety smooth infusion of savory and sweetness.
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Caramel Apple Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 pot Caramel Apple Coffee, brewed, divided
- 1 box stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup dry cherries or raisins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Brew the coffee.
- Make the stuffing according to the directions on the package (instead of water, use the brewed coffee. Include the cherries. Let cool.
- Slice the pork chops in half, leaving the back and sides intact. (creating a pocket)
- Pat the chops dry using a paper towel.
- Set up a station of three bowls, one each of flour, egg, and bread crumbs. Coat the pork chops with the flour. Then, dip the chop into the beaten egg. Then, coat the chop with the bread crumbs. Put aside.
- Stuff the pork chops with the cooked stuffing. Pack it tight to ensure it will stay. Place the stuffed chops in a baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25-30 mins, depending on the thickness of the chops.
How to make the gravy
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 4 cups apple ciderAdd the two ingredients to a saucepan. Turn the heat on high. Bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature and simmer until the liquid becomes thickened and the water is reduced. This step will take approx. 30 mins. Warning: Do not walk away from the saucepan while it starts to thicken.