Fig Espresso Goat Cheese Spread
By: Linda B. - Englewood, FL - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"If you are a coffee lover and especially, a goat cheese lover, you will absolutely love this little crowd pleaser."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso Coffee
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 3/4 cup strong espresso coffee, brewed and cooled (divided)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBS Thyme, chopped fine, plus extra for garnish
- 3 TBS walnuts, chopped fine, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup figs, pureed, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic glaze
Fig Espresso Goat Cheese Spread:
- In small bowl whisk together goat cheese, 1/2 cup espresso and sugar. Let sit for few minutes.
- In another small bowl toss together walnuts and thyme. Add to bottom of mini (4 inch) springform pan or ramekin.
- Whisk cheese again and add to springform pan on top of walnuts. Smooth top with butter knife
- In mini processor, puree figs. Add remaining 1/4 cup coffee, puree until smooth.
- Spread over top of goat cheese. Chill for 4 hours.
- Remove from springform pan. Drizzle balsamic glaze over top. Garnish. Serve cold with crackers
- Top with walnuts pieces, sliced figs and thyme