French Toast with Churro Syrup
By: Linda Bonwill - World Class Cooking
The syrup is homemade and infused with the great taste of Churro coffee. A churro is a sweet and cinnamon dessert, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. This is why French Toast is the perfect match for this delicious syrup.
The sugar is cooked down with the churro coffee and simmered until it thickens. Pour this syrup over pancakes, ice cream, cheesecake, or another dessert. Make this syrup ahead of time, and you will have it "ready to go" when you need it.
Featured Product: Churro 8 oz Ground Goffee
- 1 cup churro coffee, brewed
- 1 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 star anise, optional
Add all the ingredients to a medium-size saucepan and stir. Turn the burner on to medium/high temperature. Bring to a slight boil. Reduce the temperature and simmer for approx. 15-20 mins. Remove from the burner when the syrup starts to thicken.
French Toast Ingredients:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 TBS Churro Coffee, brewed
- 6 slices bread
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS butter
French Toast Directions:
- Beat the eggs and the coffee together in a medium-size bowl. Add a pinch of salt if wanted.
- Place the bread into the egg to coat. Quickly flip to coat the opposite side of the bread with the egg mixture. Repeat this process with all the bread slices.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet at medium temperature. Stir and coat the bottom of the skillet with the oil and butter.
- Add the slices of bread to the skillet. Cook until the bread is golden brown. Flip and cook the other side. Serve immediately.