Grog Party Chicken Wing
By: Linda Bonwill - World Class Cookin
No Need To Wing It!
This easy chicken recipe is the best thing that flew the coop. We took basic ingredients and put together a recipe you will surely love.
It's no secret that flavored coffee makes everything taste better. We decided to make a marinade with the Naughty & Nice Grog Coffee. It has notes of cinnamon, nutmeg and dark rum. This marinade is then thickened into a delicious sauce that sticks to your wings.
Trust me....You will not believe how easy this recipe is. Add these delicious wings to your next party menu. Your guests will be happy you did.
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Naughty or Nice 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 3 cups brewed coffee (Naughty & Nice Grog)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 2 lbs chicken wings/drumettes
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/4 chopped chives or scallions
- sea salt, for topping
- Brew a delicious pot of Door County Naughty & Nice Grog. Add three hot cups to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the brown sugar, tomato paste, salt, onion powder, garlic and sage. Add the chicken, making sure the chicken has completely emerged into the liquid. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add the chicken and liquid marinate to a sauce pan. Place the pan onto the burner set at med/high temperature. Cook the chicken in the marinade until the liquid starts to thicken (approx 20 mins). Stir occasionally to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Fold in the butter to coat the chicken. Place the chicken on a platter, to serve. Sprinkle the chicken with sea salt and chives/scallions. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce