Hazelnut Coffee Rubbed Burger
By: Shea - Helena, AL
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Hazelnut Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1/2 lb. ground round
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Door County Coffee Hazelnut Creme flavored ground coffee
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup greens (I used micro greens)
- Sriracha sauce
- 6 burger buns
- Bring the the ground round and sausage to room temp and combine thoroughly; shape into small burgers.
- Toss the salt, pepper, brown sugar and coffee together and roll the burgers in it until covered.
- Grill, broil or pan fry.
- Top burgers with mayo, tomato, Sriracha and greens.