Jamaican Me Crazy Pulled Pork with Island Slaw
By: Linda - Mahomet, IL - 2016 Recipe Contest
"The sweet rich flavor of the coffee blends well with the pork and the slaw gives a nice crunch."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
3 pound boneless pork loin
- 1 tablespoon Door County Coffee Jamaican Me Crazy
- 1 teaspoon each coriander, cumin, salt, coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee(strong,double the grounds to water)
- 3/4 cup honey flavored bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup julienned jicama
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup julliened carrots
- 3/4 cups golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons Door County Coffee Jamaican Me Crazy ground coffee
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Large Kaiser rolls
- Place rub ingredients in a shallow bowl mixing to combine.
- Dredge pork loin through rub patting entire rub on meat.
- Place pork loin in crock pot for 6 hours covered.
- Mix sauce ingredients together in large bowl and pour on meat last 2 hours of cooking.
- Pull pork apart either using forks or I like to wear rubber gloves.
- Combine all slaw ingredients in medium bowl stirring well to combine. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To assemble sandwich place pulled pork on bottom Kaiser roll and top with slaw, cover with top of roll