Elegant Lobster Tails in Bourbon Sauce
By: Linda Bonwill - World Class Cooking
Claw Onto This!
The lobsters are cooked in a savory/sweet bourbon coffee sauce. How elegant is this!
Do you want to serve a special dish that is unique and tasty? These lobster tails will have everyone crawling out from everywhere to have a taste.
Succulent lobsters are cooked to perfection with a simple sauce made with Door County Bourbon Vanilla Cream Coffee, onions, garlic, ginger and honey. The sauce is cooked with the lobster tails, bringing out the flavors from the shells. It is then garnished with capers, fresh herbs, and lemon wedges for the perfect pairing.
Prepare to mop this up with your spoons to avoid missing a single drop.
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Bourbon Vanilla Creme Coffee 8oz ground
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP ginger, minced
- 1 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP bourbon or cognac
- 2 lobster tails, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Door County Bourbon Vanilla Cream Coffee
- 1 TBSP capers
- Garnish: fresh parsley and lemon wedges
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or skillet on medium/high. Stir in the onions and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the garlic and cook for 3 mins. Stir in the butter, ginger, honey, and bourbon.
- Place the sliced lobster halves into the pan. Cook all sides of the lobster tails by rotating with tongs until the shell turns pink.
- Add the coffee and capers and continue to cook the lobster for 2-3 mins. Rotate the lobster tails in the sauce before serving. to the skillet. Stir all the ingredients together and cook until thickened. Add in the cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve with sweet potatoes, broccoli, or your favorite vegetable.
Note: This recipe can also be made with shrimp with adjusted cooking time.