Mistletoe Mocha Brownies
By: The Door County Coffee Cafe- 2019 Recipe Contest
"These brownies make a delicious after dinner dessert during the Holiday Season with Mistletoe Mocha flavored coffee mixed in. A perfect combination of chocolate and frosting!"
Featured ingredient: Mistletoe Mocha Coffee 8 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 box brownie mix - use your favorite, we use Pillsbury
- 1/4 C. double strength brewed Mistletoe Mocha
- 1/3 C. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 16oz container of your favorite chocolate frosting
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2-3 Tbsp. double strength brewed Mistletoe Mocha
- powdered sugar, to desired consistency, if needed
1. Brew Door County Coffee Mistletoe Mocha at double strength. (To do this, simply use the same amount of coffee you typically would use to brew, but cut the water in half.)
2. Mix the brownie mix, brewed Mistletoe Mocha, oil and eggs. Pour batter into a greased pan using recommended pan size, we use 9" by 13" and bake according to the box directions.
3. To make the frosting: beat cream cheese, chocolate frosting, vanilla and salt at medium speed until creamy. Slowly add coffee, mixing on low until the desired frosting consistency is reached. You can add small amounts of powdered sugar if the frosting appears to be too runny, until it reaches the consistency you prefer!
4. Cut your brownies into squares and remove from the pan. You will then cut the brownies in half, like you would have for a sandwich cookie. Spread frosting on one half of the cut brownie, and place other top on half, forming a sandwich. We drizzle ours with melted chocolate, but they are just as tasty without! Enjoy!