Mistletoe Mocha Brownies
By: The Door County Coffee Cafe- 2019 Recipe Contest
"These brownies make a delicious after dinner dessert during the Holiday Season with Mistletoe Mocha flavored coffee mixed in. A perfect combination of chocolate and frosting!"
Featured ingredient: Mistletoe Mocha Coffee 8 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 box brownie mix - use your favorite, we use Pillsbury
- 1/4 C. double strength brewed Mistletoe Mocha
- 1/3 C. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 16oz container of your favorite chocolate frosting
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2-3 Tbsp. double strength brewed Mistletoe Mocha
- powdered sugar, to desired consistency, if needed
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a saucepan or the microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate with 1 cup chocolate chips and butter. Stir until smooth and set aside until cool.
4. Beat eggs, espresso powder and sugar with an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and light yellow.
5. Beat in cool chocolate mixture.
6. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, add to chocolate mixture.
7. Add remaining chocolate chips and stir.
9. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
10. Bake 10 minutes until puffed and cracked on top.
11. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.