By: Michele K. - Columbus, OH - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"The creamy mocha filling compliments the shortbread cookie crust for a delicious and decadent dessert."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 3/4 cup strong brewed Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle coffee, cooled
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, plus additional for dusting
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups flour, and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Press evenly into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges just become golden.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cooled coffee, milk, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 3 cups sugar, and 1 cup flour. Pour over the warm crust. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Allow to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and additional cocoa powder, and cut into squares.
Yield: 24 squares