Mocha Mousse Pie
By: Jeanne - Oxford, WI - 3rd Place Winner 2015
"My husband's family always got together for holidays. There were three boys, and all of us wives were told to provide a certain part of the meal. One Thanksgiving, I was supposed to bring pies. In addition to traditional apple and pumpkin pies, I decided on a whim to make this chocolate pie. To my surprise, the dish was more popular that Thanksgiving than any of the more traditional pies. It's been a favorite in our house ever since."
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was also tested in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 package (4 oz.) Baker's German's sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup milk, divided
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. package) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend coffee
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 Honey Maid graham pie crust (6 oz.)
- Microwave chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the milk in large microwavable bowl on high for 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted
- Add cream cheese, sugar, Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend coffee, and remaining milk; beat with wire whisk until well-blended
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes to cool
- Gently stir in whipped topping until well-blended
- Spoon into crust
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish as desired. Let pie stand at room temperature or in refrigerator about 15 minutes before serving for easier cutting.
- Makes 8 servings.