No Bake Mocha Cheesecake Bars
By: Maria - San Ramon, CA - Recipe Contest 2015
"This no-bake cheesecake is always a great make ahead dessert for parties and get-together!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Hazelnut Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons brewed Door County Hazelnut Creme coffee, room temperature, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Line a strainer with 2 layers of paper towels,
- Place ricotta cheese on the strainer and place over a bowl,
- Keep covered in the refrigerator ( 6 hours -overnight) for excess water to drain off.
To make Crust:
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease paper.
- Mix all crust ingredients until well mixed.
- Transfer to the pan and press evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely.
To make Cheesecake:
- Add drained ricotta, brown sugar, vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons coffee to a food processor, Process until very smooth.
- Beat heavy cream and sugar in a medium bowl with a hand held mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add the ricotta mixture and continue beating until well mixed.
- Spoon mixture on top of the pretzel crust and spread evenly.
- Stir together chocolate hazelnut spread and 2 tablespoons coffee in a small bowl.
- Add dollops on top of the cheesecake and swirl with a butter knife.
- Cover pan with foil and place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Cut and serve.
Makes 16 squares