Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee Chicken
By: Linda - Englewood, FL - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This is a super duper pea "nutty" great recipe. When I order a shipment of Door County Products, they were so generous to send me a sample of their Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. I was very intrigued and couldn't wait to create a new dish. I knew that peanuts go well with an Asian flair so I decided to start there. I first got the Peanut Butter Coffee brewing. This started my taste buds flowing. The rest is history!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee 10 oz. Ground
- 1 lb chicken tenders, trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbs pepper
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 TBS ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 TBS creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup Door County Coffee Peanut Butter Crunch coffee, brewed
- 1 TBS Door County Mustard
- 1 TBS Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
- Drain chicken and pat with paper towels to absorb excess wetness.
- Place flour, salt and pepper in med/large bowl. Stir. Toss chicken to coat. Remove and place on clean dish, shaking off excess flour.
- In blender or food processor add all other ingredients. Pulse until blended. Add to bowl. (Reserve 1/2 cup to drizzle on chicken for later)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip each piece of chicken into mixture and coat thoroughly. Place on slightly greased baking sheet. Bake for approx. 8-10 mins or until golden brown (temp. depends on thickness of chicken). Flip chicken 1/2 way through baking time. Remove from oven. Drizzle with extra sauce and sprinkle with crushed peanuts. Serve on favorite salad or lettuce wraps.
Note: I used a counter top electric grill with press cover. Slightly grease with cooking spray. Grill for approx. 3-4 mins.
Serve on favorite salad or as tacos in lettuce wraps