Perked Up Spaghetti Sauce
By: Gayla - Sturgeon Bay, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
"The Breakfast Blend coffee adds a deep richness to the sauce!"
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Cloves garlic diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 large No.2 can whole tomatoes (about 32 oz)
- 2-6 oz cans tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- 2 Slices fresh lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of Oregano
- 1 cup Door County Breakfast Blend brewed coffee
- 1 Small can mushrooms (optional)
- Saute onions in butter until tender.
- Add rest of the ingredients and simmer on burner for 3-4 hrs until it begins to thicken.
- Remove lemon.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.