Raspberry Chipotle Pulled Chicken Tostadas with Mashed Avocado and Sour Cream
By: Fiona G. - Keller, TX - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"I love adding coffee to main dishes as it instantly adds a new flavor dimension and transports me to a place where coffee is in charge of my life and makes me feel safe. The Raspberry Almond coffee is so versatile and lends itself easily to desserts and main dishes alike. In this pulled chicken dish the raspberry coffee, fresh raspberries and dark chocolate transform simple pulled chicken into something pretty amazing."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Raspberry Almond Coffee 8 oz. Ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium corn or flour tortillas, quartered
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb thinly sliced chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup brewed Raspberry Almond coffee
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, mashed
- 1/2 oz dark chocolate, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet and cook tortillas until puffed and crispy - cook one side for approximately 1 minute, flip then repeat until done and keep warm until ready to use.
- Wipe down skillet and add remaining oil then cook shallot for approx. 1 minute
- Add chicken breast filets, cook until seared then flip and sear other side
- Add 1/4 cup coffee and broth and cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through
- Remove chicken from skillet and shred with a fork
- Return to skillet and continue to cook for approx. 8 minutes
- Add chopped red pepper, chipotle pepper and mashed raspberries (reserving a few for decoration) and continue to cook, gradually adding remaining coffee.
- Add grated chocolate and mix well
- Top tostada quarters with pulled chicken and top with mashed avocado, sour cream and reserved raspberries
- Serve warm