Simple Cherry Creme Tapioca Dream
By: Sheila R. - Cincinnati, OH - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"My husband and I have enjoyed introducing many young people to homemade tapioca pudding. It has always been a big hit! For our older friends the pudding seems to bring back fond memories. Tapioca pudding is my go-to dessert when I have extra milk in the fridge. The recipe is so versatile that any of the coffees could be used with fun garnishes to compliment the flavor of coffee. When I think of Wisconsin I think of all things dairy so it seemed like a natural fit with Door County Coffee. The area is also known for cherries so it seemed a good fit to showcase the recipe with Door County's cherry products."
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Cherry Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 10 oz. cup of brewed Door County Cherry Creme Coffee
- 1 egg
- 3 TBL Minute Tapioca
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/3 cup plus 1 TBL sugar
- 2 tsp Bea's Chopped Cherry Jam
- 1/2 pint Whipping Cream
- 1/8 tsp almond extract and 1/8 vanilla extract
- 3 TBL sugar
- Cherry De-light Chocolate Covered Dried Door County Cherries
1. In a medium saucepan, add beaten egg, half and half, coffee, tapioca, and sugar. Let set for 5 minutes.
2. Place on medium heat stirring continually until the mixture comes to a full boil. Then remove from heat and let set for 20 minutes.
3. Stir once and divide mixture into 4 cups or small bowls and refrigerate until firm which is about 4 hours.
4. Beat whipping cream in a separate bowl and add extracts.
5. Before serving garnish with whipped cream, 1/2 tsp jam, and a few chocolate covered cherries.