Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cream Cookies
By: Linda Bonwill - World Class Cooking
Naughty & Nice, These will Entice! No Snickering Over This Cookie!
A Snickerdoodle cookie is similar to a sugar cookie rolled in white sugar, but with the addition of cinnamon. These cookies are baked to perfection, cooled and then sandwiched together with a velvety cream center. The cream filling is made with butter, sugar, and the great taste of cinnamon, nutmeg, and dark rum coffee. They simply melt in your mouth. Get ready to grab a cup of coffee or a glass of milk and start dipping. This recipe makes a lot of cookies, ready to share with everyone.
Featured Product: Naughty or Nice Nog 8 oz ground coffee
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 eggs, large, beaten
- 2 tsps Naughty & Nice Grog Coffee
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
Cream Filling Ingredients
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Naughty & Nice coffee
Instructions for Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Whip the butter, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, eggs, and 2 tsp of coffee in a stand mixer. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix together 1/4 cup cinnamon and 1/4 cup white sugar in a small bowl. Scoop 1 TBSP of dough into cinnamon/sugar mixture, coat well, roll into a ball, and place onto baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes
Cream Filling Instructions
- Beat the butter until creamy. Mix in the remaining ingredients. Spoon or pipe approx. 2 TBSP of filling in the center of one cookie. Top with a second cookie creating a sandwich. Use leftover filling to garnish the top of each cookie. The recipe makes approx. 30-36 sandwich cookies